Special Needs Services
Assessments & Standards
PSPA participates in all state-mandated tests. The testing calendar is updated as testing dates are finalized.
Testing Dates for 2022-2023 (Subject to Change)
Testing PSPA will give all North Carolina required state tests: Beginning of Grade (BOG), End of Grade (EOG), and End of Course (EOC) tests for which a test is required:
● 3rd Grade: Beginning of Grade (BOG) Reading test. The test begins on the 11th day of the school year and continues through the 15th day.
● Read To Achieve: There are three windows within the year: o Summer 2022: At the conclusion of Reading Camp o Fall 2022: Need to administer by November 1, 2022 o Spring 2023: Final 10 instructional days of the school year
● 3rd-8th Grades: End-of-Grade (EOG) Reading and Mathematics, and Science Grades 5 and 8
● End-of-Course (EOC) Test for NC Math 1: The final 10 instructional days of the school year
● ELL Students: W-Apt and WIDA screener within 30 calendar days of enrollment
● ACCESS for ELLs – The testing window is January – March 2023
In addition, all students will participate in the i-Ready math and reading assessments three times a year.
The i-Ready Diagnostic pinpoints student ability level, identifies the specific skills students need to learn to accelerate their growth, and charts a personalized learning path for each student.